Tuesday, October 15, 2013

祝你生日快乐!Happy Birthday!

Today is Ann-Jolie's birthday!

Well, at least it's the day that was assigned to her as her birthday. We'll never really know her real birthday...

We arranged for a cake to be sent to the orphanage, and she should have received the package we sent either yesterday or the day before, so perfect timing on that!

We included a letter in the package that told her that we were coming to get her next month....

We are supposed to be getting pictures of her with her cake and looking at the pictures we sent of our family and house and aunts and uncles and grandmas and grandpas!

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

On another note, I can't help but think of her birth mother. You see, Ann-Jolie was abandoned at about 2 or 3 yrs old bc she was VERY sick. This speaks that her Mommy wanted her, but probably could not afford to bring her to the hospital for the life-giving treatment she needed....Her birth mother made the most selfless decision a mother can make...She chose to give Ann-Jolie life. Had she kept her, she would have died.

I think about her all the time. I think about the HUGE responsibility that I have to make sure that I honor that sacrifice.

Lord, help me to be the Mommy that Ann-Jolie needs to become all that God meant for her to be. 

And Lord, bring comfort to Ann-Jolie's birth mother...Let her know that her baby girl is well, and happy, and blessed...

With all of that said, Happy Birthday to my little angel! 

My Shanghai sweety!

We're coming soon to bring you home!

4 comments:

  1. Our girls have so much in common. I am glad they will have each other as they go through life! Praying for you all and your sweet girl. The present that Harper has picked out will hopefully be in the mail soon :/ Hate that post office...HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated bday to your sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Wow! What a great sacrifice for that mother. Praying for this transitional period.

      Delete