Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Monday & Tuesday

Well, I haven't posted bc there really hasn't been anything new and exciting going on. We are just waiting and waiting until Thursday to have our consulate appointment. UGH!! 
Fortunately, I was able to go shopping with a friend of mine and a special guide yesterday. The husbands and children stayed at the hotels and we went on an adventure. It was so interesting to be in the part of China where only locals go. We got some great things that can only be purchased in China for amazing prices!! Like...UNHEARD of prices! (Yay us!)
Last night my husband and I and the girls ventured out to the famous restaurant, Tekila's, to eat Mexican food...You read that right, Mexican....in China...
It was very good, but on the way there we passed a very very crippled man laying on the street, and it bothered me so. He could not even sit up and was barely clothed. After dark, merchants set up these blankets and/or tables and sell things. This crippled man was laid in the middle of the sidewalk with a can to "beg". I've heard that the families do that bc the crippled person cannot work and contribute to the family, so THIS is the way that they can contribute to the family financially--by begging.
I was (and still am) honestly disturbed by what I saw. And everyone was just walking by as if nothing...including us. What could we do?.......nothing.
I just don't even have words....

Anyway,
We are having to endure days of "nothing" just waiting for our consulate appointment and I am SO over it all. I just want to go home. I'm so homesick it's ridiculous. 
This hotel is FABULOUS, but it's not home.
They have Christmas decorations up, but it doesn't feel like Christmas.
I just want to get on that plane and get home.
I don't want to sound like a grouch-butt, but anyone who's ever walked in these shoes knows exactly what I'm talking about.
I never thought I'd want so desperately to hear Nickjr and Disney Jr...but I DO!!! Lol!

Even thought I've been here for almost 2 weeks, it is still surreal to me that we are on the complete opposite side of the world.
It like an alternate universe. 
It's funny how we take something as simple as getting in your car and going to Walmart for granted. There is no such thing as "simple" here...For us anyway, lol!
Getting out of your hotel to walk to the nearby this or that is risking your life bc you've got to cross the street, and people driving the cars will NOT stop for you or your child...They will either nearly run you over or honk...Not lieing.
 Well, I'm done with my homesick post for today. I wish I had pictures to post, but my phone was not cooperating, so I'll try tomorrow.

Until then :)




No comments:

Post a Comment