Monday, November 25, 2013

Gotcha Day!

Ok! I finally have a minute to put something together for all of you who want to see something from today!

First, let me say, she is perfect...She's precious...She's sweet and adorable!!!

Ok, so the day went down like this, we left the hotel @ 9:00 this morning & took a 15 minute van ride to the civil affairs office. When we arrived there was another family in the room with us and we proceeded to do the paperwork. We chatted and waited nervously and the other family's little girl was brought in. She was precious and a bit reserved.
Then in came our beautiful Chuan Si, or Si Si (pronounced Suh Suh) or, as you all know her, Ann-Jolie.
She had gotten car sick on the ride over so she was a bit pale and quiet.
I was told I could hug her so I did!!! I have a video so I will see if I can post it.
We stayed there with her for a little while and we were presented gifts and told all about our little one. One thing that both her nanny and the other woman from the orphanage said is that she is exceptionally smart! They said she seems to be one of the smartest children they have seen!!! Our guide also noted that he has never met a child this age that had such good communication skills--advanced language. He said he could easily converse with her no problem!
She already knew a few words of English, but not the ones that are important for us to communicate. She knew cat, dog, cow, banana, apple, and red.
She LOVES the Disney princesses!!!
She has been playing with everything and just loves the girly stuff!! She's a girly girl :)
She seems to be doing well & I'm hoping when bed time comes, she's still good. 
I could tell there was a bit of a connection between her and the ayi (nanny) that brought her. There was some hesitation when it was time to leave, but she was brave and never shed a tear. 

Peighton is SO excited for Ann-Jolie to be here! It's funny bc she keeps talking 90 to nothing to her as if she understands her. 

I'm sure I'll think of other things that happened that I forgot to mentioned, but right about now my brain is mush...and it's only 4:30 in the afternoon!

Here is what you REALLY wanted anyway....PICTURES!!!



















5 comments:

  1. So exciting and the girls look like they got along great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really awesome! God is so amazing! I'm super excited for y'all.
    I love you guys! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Congrats! How exciting and the 2 girls will be best buddies, I can already tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! She is a doll! I hope it continues to go well! Congratulations! So excited for your family! Kelleyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Nisa, so happy for all of you!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete