Monday, November 25, 2013

Made it Official!!

Today was the day we made it all legal! The adoption was finalized today, and let me tell you, when they said it was just as if she were my biological child, it took all I had not to cry right there.

Poor little Ann-Jolie was carsick at the moment, but has since then perked right up and is currently on her 2nd princess dress.

If I had to describe Ann-Jolie, I would say she is a child within an old soul within a child. I don't know if that will make any sense to y'all, but it is a completely accurate description.

She definitely is a girly-girl. Loves lip gloss and nail polish and bows and princess dresses and fixing hair...Oh! And dolls.

She went to sleep very well; slept next to me and Peighton...I was in Heaven.

I cannot emphasize enough the astounding bravery that this little girl is showing. Amazing...She's my hero.

We are playing and bonding and we are SO glad we brought Peighton! It helps!

Ok, enough with the words! Here are some pics!

This girl can eat! And she needs to!! Tiny and skinny!
And here's Peighton's food of choice--peanut butter crackers
Putting her thumbprint on it to make it official!










3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is a doll, well, they both are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! She is beautiful and Peighton seems to be doing great and looks happy too. Cheers, Carmel & B'Elanna from FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more you tell us about her the more I'm convinced she and Weston are twins separated at birth (ha!). Weston is an old soul too! My sister and BIL traveled with me. After Wes' first night with us, my BIL said "they've given you a 70 year old trapped in a small body"!

    ReplyDelete