Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Day

Today was a "chill" day; but is there really such a thing with 2 little girls? 
It was nice to go at our own pace and not have to be anywhere, it was all around much better than yesterday.

It was Thanksgiving, but over here, it was just like any other day....weird.

I was up at about 4:30 this morning and Scotty woke up about an hour or so later. The girls woke up a little bit after Scotty. We took it easy for a while then went to breakfast around 9:30; after that we took the girls across the street to play in the park. They had a blast! 
I did notice at one point early on, there was this grandmother with her grandbaby & she didn't seem to want Ann-Jolie by her grandchild. Ann-Jolie was calling out to me constantly "Mama! Mama!", so it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out we had adopted her. Ironically, though, everyone there, grandmother included, wanted Peighton to play with their child. They were taking pictures and videoing the children playing with her. Ann-Jolie was right in there, but it just hurt my heart. The thinking just baffles me....I would like to note that Ann-Jolie was oblivious and was no worse for the wear.
   We ate lunch after the park and then chilled out in the room until dinner time.
Great day!

Ann-Jolie is doing so well! She's coming more and more out of her shell. This morning after breakfast, out of nowhere, she hugged me and said "Wo ai ni, Mama." That means, "I love you." I couldn't believe it! It was completely unsolicited! She just did it on her own!
Wow!!! 

She started a new little thing yesterday, where she is sort of pouty and whiney. You can tell it's a "tactic", and I find it fascinating. I'd love to get inside of her head for just a little while. What is she thinking?
I had to look up the phrase, "No more pouting." Lol! I'm going to have to video it to show y'all. 

She seems to be opening up more and more, although there have been no tears yet...Wondering when and where that will happen...Scotty and I think it may be once we get home, but maybe it'll be on the way home. I don't know, but I do know that there will be some sort of grieving sooner or later. Praying that Scotty and I can give her comfort when that day comes.

Well, tomorrow we will be flying to Guangzhou...I.can't.wait!!!!

It's been great, but Guangzhou is just a step above in the adoption process for several reasons, but mainly bc it represents the last leg of the adoption trip. YAAAYYYY!!!!

I'm pretty pooped, so I'm going to join the others in sleep, but before I do, here are a few pics :)












No comments:

Post a Comment