Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I am.....


I am BUSY!

Packing and making lists and unpacking and repacking (It's only just begun).

Thinking of everything that needs to be done before we leave, writing it down, and then attempting to do it all.

Stalking the Facebook groups with all of my adoption peeps who are waiting on their very important paperwork and approvals so that they can get their little ones. Cheering them on as they get said documents and consulate appointments, and crying as I see the pictures posted of those who are in China now getting their little ones while we are sleeping.

Finalizing travel plans...

Finishing Ann-Jolie's Christmas stocking (almost done :) )

Etc....Etc....

I am NERVOUS!

I have a million things running through my mind...

Will Maddox be too sad while we're gone? Will he understand that we are coming back and that we love him and didn't want to leave him?

Will Ali and Devin be ok holding down the fort while we're gone? It's a lot to ask of them...

Will Peighton be okay on the long flight there and how will she fair once in China?

How will Ann-Jolie feel the day we get her? Will she be sad, and if she is, how can I comfort her -- if she even lets me.  Will she be scared, and if she is, how can I reassure her?

I'm trying to remember that I have to meet Ann-Jolie right where she's at, and not expect anything from her.  I'm trying to remember not to take it personal if she doesn't "like" us right away. Yes, we are gaining a daughter, but we are doing this for her, expecting nothing in return...Giving her a family...A group of people that will call her their own; that will love her unconditionally no matter what...That will show her the love of God regardless of what she gives in return.

I'm trying not to over-think, but to be honest, it's very difficult not to.

I'm EXCITED!

The time has finally come to travel across the globe to get this little girl that we have been praying for and calling our daughter for all of these months.

I can't wait to see Ann-Jolie in the adorable clothes we're bringing for her and I can't wait to get bows in her hair :)

Peighton LOVES airplanes and is finally getting to ride on one! I can't wait for her to experience this trip of a lifetime.

I can't wait to see Ann-Jolie and Peighton interacting. I'm so glad we could bring Peighton!

I can't wait to see my adoption friends in China with their little ones, and visit with people that have been along this journey of adoption with me all these months.

I know this is not a vacation, but honestly, we are super excited to go and enjoy our time there.

I can't wait until we board the plane in Hong Kong to return home to our completed family (yes...THIS is it, lol! We are done ;) )

I am COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!

9 days until we leave and 11 days till we meet our daughter...wow...

Surreal

Shanghai...Here we come!!!

Ann-Jolie!  Your Momma & BaBa are coming for you :) (and your Mei Mei, too)




No comments:

Post a Comment