Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday

Well, today was our first "touring" day, and while I had looked forward to it, I soon came to regret it, lol!

First, Ann-Jolie was carsick and filled up a plastic grocery bag with the contents of her stomach...yay...

Then it was freezing butt cold and windy. I took pictures of where we went, but it's a blur...Our guide was moving at lightening speed and just about completely discouraged us from buying anything bc it was "too expensive". Not complaining, I'm grateful that he was concerned, it was just weird to rush through a place that is for shopping...Moving on...

By the time we got back the kids were hungry so we went to Pappa John's again bc Peighton was BEGGING for the cheesy  bread. Ann-Jolie is not a fan of pizza, but ate the cheesy bread.

Once we got back to the room, Ann-Jolie wanted her noodles!!

We are all exhausted! Ann-Jolie is obviously pooped and slightly grouchy...I can't blame her! She needs to take a nap, I'm sure, but doesn't want to bc there is FAR too much to do and play with. I'm looking at the clock and wishing it were time to go to bed, lol! Ann-Jolie does NOT want me out of her sight and is calling for "Mama" about every minute or so.

Peighton is being...well...Peighton, lol! She is so funny! She is completely oblivious to being in another country. When we're out and about, she sings, dances, jumps and twirls around like no one's watching. She gets a LOT of attention from everyone bc of her hair color and eye color...They treat her like she's a movie star, and she doesn't even realize it. 

Ann-Jolie has done so well, it's really been amazing. I'm just in awe. I can see her comfort, though, when we are with our guide bc he can communicate with her. She hasn't shown any frustration yet, but I know it's coming...Unless she is supernaturally patient, lol! I feel guilty that I can't understand all that she is so willingly telling us. She talks to us like we CAN understand us, and I wish I did. I knew a very little bit before I got here and am picking up on things here and there from Ann-Jolie, but I'm missing a lot. She's super smart, so she's going to learn super quick. 

Shanghai has been great, but I am SO ready to get to Guangzhou. I'm just ready to get to the next part of this trip. I'm ready to get the in-China flight over with and hoping and praying that Ann-Jolie doesn't get motion sickness. It's going to be nice to be in the same hotel as other adoptive families, and I'm a little more familiar with Guangzhou, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll be glad to do some shopping and walk around Shamien Island.

Ultimately, I'm ready to go home, but I still have quite a ways to go before that...9 days to be exact :/ I'm going to forget that I said that number now.

Well, I'm going to go now as I have 2 little girls who are demanding my attention ;)

EDIT: Just thought I'd add this little gem of info--We've been leaving the windows open in our room bc there is no AC and it gets stuffy. So just now I'm in the bathroom with the girls while they're brushing their teeth, and a woman comes to the door, Scotty lets her in and she proceeds to close our curtains and put slippers by the bed........................Then...she leaves...Ummmmmmmm, ok. Weird!

Pictures from today :)
The above picture is Peighton with our guide, David. He calls her "Pate", lol!
At the Bund



















No comments:

Post a Comment